- Introduction to Strategic Sourcing and Supply Management
- The P2P Process, Purchasing Organization, and Commodity Strategy Development
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection and the Analytic Hierarchy Process
- Supplier Performance Management, Quality Management, and Supply Base Integration
- Global Sourcing and Outsourcing
- Electronic Procurement and Strategic Cost Management
- Negotiations, Law, and Contract Management
- Ethics and Green Procurement
Strategic Sourcing enhances efficiency and value, ultimately impacting the profitability of your entire organization. In this course, you’ll learn how to develop and implement a procurement strategy that aligns with your overall competitive strategy. Real business case studies and best practices provide practical applications you can use on the job immediately. As you progress through the course, you’ll acquire the key skills to negotiate effectively, structure your purchasing department, evaluate and select suppliers using an analytical hierarchy process, and manage cost across the entire supply chain.
Who Should Register?
This eight-week, 100% online course is ideal for procurement and sourcing professionals in any industry who are responsible for creating competitive environments and identifying cost savings opportunities. It is also a must for managers and executives who are responsible for supply chain processes and developing initiatives to support supply chain performance. Students may find it helpful to have some familiarity with the fundamentals of an integrated supply chain, which are covered in the Supply Chain Management I and II courses.
High School Diploma, three years working experience, and excellent English language skills.
“Certificate of Completion” will be issued from Michigan State University with both MSU and UD authorized signatory, upon successful completion.