- Worldwide recognition – CIPS study programs are recognized around the world
- A clear learning path linked to career progress – Wherever you start your learning journey, every CIPS award is closely aligned to a specific job level, helping you to prepare for promotion and enhancing your personal and professional development.
- Greater choice of business-specific subjects – Traditional purchasing skills and relationship management: with the new topics and key business essentials, the CIPS membership levels are more closely aligned than ever to real-life business issues.
- Remuneration – Salaries have risen rapidly over the last decade, outstripping other professions such as IT, finance, HR or sales and marketing. Purchasers who are members of the institute can expect to earn around £2,000 more than non-members. In addition, 57 per cent of procurement staff report good or excellent job satisfaction.(*Reference: CIPS / Croner Reward Purchasing and Supply Salary Survey, 2009)
- Transferable skills give you a choice and variety of potential workplaces – One of the most beneficial things about this career is that a well-qualified purchasing professional can walk into a wide range of environments where they can use their skills to buy a whole variety of products and services.